Membership
Contacts
Match Results
Links
ACTS Discussion Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» ACTS Discussion Forums » The Game » General ACTS Stuff » Subgun match

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Subgun match
Reverse_engineeR
Novice
Shooter # 7121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reverse_engineeR   Email Reverse_engineeR   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Word seems to have gotten around that I am working on a Sig MPX SBR, but unfortunately my form 1 hasn't been approved yet so I couldn't shoot it at the November sub gun match.

The ATF says I won't get it until March (submitted 9/20) but NFA tracker thinks I could get it by December/Jan. Is there any rhyme or reason as to what "theme" some matches have or does someone just post a pic of an AK and then everyone decides to go combloc? Just wondering when the next subgun one will be or if anyone wants to have another one when my form 1 comes in [Big Grin]

Posts: 19 | From: East Lansing, MI | Registered: Sep 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LedgeGuy
BoD
Shooter # 366

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LedgeGuy   Email LedgeGuy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The "gun theme" of a match is more like a friendly suggestion that brings about showing off toys, having people operate a different gun, and friendly harassment about how good/bad you were.

It is not enforced. You can shoot anything you would like. Bring a bolt action rifle and a single action revolver if you want the practice. I don't own nearly as many toys as others - so I shoot and AR and a Glock.

Posts: 267 | From: Grand Ledge, MI | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chuck
Marksman
Shooter # 7101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chuck   Email Chuck   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sure, now that I have a proper mount and decent red dot on my MP5 SBR, that there will be another PCC (pistol caliber carbine) match in the next few months.

As we get closer to CRC, we generally stick with our top tier stuff, but fun and friendly off-camber matches always generate some fun bonus points.

Look for a .308 or bigger match over the winter or come spring too.

I'm thinking of SBR-ing a Glock, maybe in time for the next PCC match... LOLOLOL

Posts: 145 | From: Dryden | Registered: May 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yurboyb
BoD
Shooter # 7108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yurboyb   Email yurboyb   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah. Gun specific matches are just for funsies among friends.

--------------------
Liberal tears, for every lubrication need.

Posts: 113 | From: Lansing | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reverse_engineeR
Novice
Shooter # 7121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reverse_engineeR   Email Reverse_engineeR   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah ok. Man for just funsies among friends yesterday's match was quite a collaboration! Those stage descriptions were funny too.

I plan to switch back to my go to weapons (AR, Glock) in the months leading up to CRC too, but glad to hear there should be another PCC match! My form 1 should hopefully be approved by mid Jan, so if I don't get my backordered telescoping stock from Sig by then, I can still improvise come February.

I don't have a .308 semi auto yet, unfortunately, just too cost prohibitive.

Posts: 19 | From: East Lansing, MI | Registered: Sep 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chuck
Marksman
Shooter # 7101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chuck   Email Chuck   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You get quality non corrosive ammo I might have one to loan...
Posts: 145 | From: Dryden | Registered: May 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
globalsmack
BoD
Shooter # 7068

Icon 1 posted      Profile for globalsmack   Email globalsmack   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad you enjoyed the stage themes. The theme made the match a riot and we got to see an excitement level up there with the CRC buzz. So it's a good thing.

We will do another subgun one soon. We will theme it up. The last one kind of fizzled because we didn't put any effort in it. 2014 had a nice 308 side match that was a riot. Keep tuned in as we work through month to month.

Posts: 232 | From: Wayne | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reverse_engineeR
Novice
Shooter # 7121

Hmm, I'd consider it Chuck, but ammo was part of the high cost. Even Wolf is $0.40-$0.50/round, not sure if that's good enough for you (not sure what gun we're talking about, but I'd understand if it wasn't). I appreciate the gesture regardless.
Reverse_engineeR
Novice
Shooter # 7121

And yeah the stage themes are awesome, I just hope I get my form 1 approved before next sub gun match! I guess I'll post on here when it does, but I'm anticipating late Jan/early Feb, so Feb is a possibility for me.

My backordered stock from Sig would be nice too, but I can improvise if necessary provided that form is approved. At least I have a few mags for it now, which are the more important item. After 2 months or so (they said 1 month for all my items) I told the CS rep that Sig was slower than ATF... They shipped the mags 2 days later. LOL. Still no sign of the stock though. [Frown]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | ACTS Home

© 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 American Confederation of Tactical Shooters All Rights Reserved.
No portion of this website may be reproduced without prior written permission

image linking to 100 Top Guns and Gear Sites